Monday, November 2, 2009

Waves in the rain


Waves in the rain
Originally uploaded by Hennybee
Well Halloween was a lot of fun - but I had to end it pretty early. I arrived at the parade staging location around 5pm and found my group - aka "The Money Grubbers". We psyched ourselves up to collect money from the parade watchers ahead of the entire parade.

As soon as we started a light rain started and continued throughout our march up the parade route. That didn't stop us and I shouted at the crowd until I was completely hoarse. We had two good sized groups going up each side the parade route with nets and signs saying whatever we could to encourage people to give to the parade.

By the time we finished the route we were soaking wet. I was wet from head to toe and with my cold I decided it was best if I handed in my net and headed home. I didn't get to see much of the parade but I did meet a lot of great people and had a fantastic time. I plan to do it again next year!

I found this beautiful picture of the parade by Hennybee on Flickr and had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment