Sunday, November 22, 2009

Paper Mosaics


Over the year I've been developing a technique that I've called Paper Mosaics. I'm not trying to replicate the look of tile mosaic. With that technique one spaces out pieces of paper to replicate the look of tile on a grouted background. Instead, I take little pieces of paper ripped from magazines and glue them into various designs. In my earliest pieces I used larger pieces of paper and didn't pay as much attention to the variations in a color range. In this piece I took orange and pink and tried to blend the colors from one to the other. I like the results. It's now up on Etsy for sale. I don't think the pictures do it justice but I had a devil of a time getting a good shot. I'm going to have to work on better photos of frames.

Here's a close up:




No comments:

Post a Comment